Saturday, September 5, 2009

Limited Thinking

Last year, while going through an identity crisis, I dabbled in Buddhism and agnosticim/atheism before returning to Christ. I really thought I knew it all. I parroted atheist responses to complicated questions. It all sounded so logical.

A common question among atheists is "Why did God create man if he knew they would sin and some people would go to hell?"

And a common Christian response is, "We chose hell through our actions. God gave us free will."

But I think it goes much deeper than that.

God created man for fellowship and I think we are tested during our earthly lives to show Him that we love him unconditionally. If we are to spend eternity with Him then we need to prove that we are worthy of His presence. And those who want to live only for themselves and only for the moment are going to be separated from Him forever.

It's just that simple. It's not that God is mean or cruel it's just that the atheist twists the truth to make God look like the bad guy when it's really US who have the carnal nature/sin/the devil (whatever you choose to call it) in all of us.

Jesus came in the flesh to show us that we have God given authority to take control of the flesh. We don't have to give into our desires and we can lead spiritual lives that lead to the Kingdom of God.

It took me a while to understand this but when I finally understood it, it was in a flash of intuition. Not from reading a book or trying to logically fit God into a box. It was because I really try to connect with Him even if I don't always understand Him.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment